OC Direct 2.0.3 Installation Guide (Windows)
Modified on: Wed, 28 Mar, 2018 at 12:31 PM
OC Direct 2.0 has several benefits including:
- Detects newly added printers without restarting OC Direct
- Better support for asynchronous, concurrent printing to multiple printers
- Supports USB device communication without requiring Java support in the browser
Support for leading scales including Mettler Toledo, Stamps.com and Dymo
- Improved HTML printing
- Better support for Dymo printers
- Improved support for PDF printing (future release)
Installing OC Direct 2.0.3
Here are the steps to install or upgrade to OC Direct 2.0.3 on Windows:
NOTE: Please read the Notes & Troubleshooting section at the end of this article after installing OC Direct.
On Windows, if you have an earlier version of OC Direct (e.g. 1.9.x), you will first have to uninstall it, before you can install OC Direct 2.0.3
Uninstalling OC Direct
These are the steps to remove the currently installed OC Direct for Windows. (This is only required on Windows. On Mac OS X, installing OC Direct 2.0.3 will overwrite the previous older version).
1. Go to Control Panel and select Programs and Features.
2. Select the installed OC Direct
(e.g. OC Direct 1.9.3) and click Uninstall/Change
3. Once OC Direct is uninstalled go to the next step below.
OC Direct 2.0.3 Installation
These are the steps to install the current OC Direct version (e.g. 2.0.1) for Windows For instructions on Mac OS X, please visit OC Direct 2.0.3 Installation Guide (Mac OS X).
Once your file is downloaded, Run the file by double-clicking on it, and you will see a window like the one below, Click more info.
Now Click Run Anyway
Once you start the setup, please follow the wizard steps to continue the setup, you can refer the screenshot below
Once OC Direct setup is complete and it's running, an OC Direct Icon will appear in your System Tray (and also in your Windows Start Menu), and start listening for secure commands from OrderCup, You can click this OC Direct Icon to perform functions like Reloading the App, inspecting logs, setting it to Auto-start on System startup, etc
Now logout of OrderCup and close your browser, and reopen it log into OrderCup. You are ready for the next step.
Detecting and Saving your Printers and Scales
Once OC Direct is installed and running, you will need to detect and save your printers in order to enable direct printing to your configured printers.
Notes & Troubleshooting:
- If your setup is blocked by an anti-virus program, please add https://ship.ordercup.com to the exception list so that it can run
- Make sure OC Direct is running after installing it (see OC Direct icon in System Tray image below).
- If you do not see the OC Direct icon in the tray list at the bottom right corner, please click on Windows Start Button, search for OC Direct in the "Search Program and Files" text box and click it - this should start OC Direct icon and you should see it in the tray.
- You can also ensure OC Direct starts automatically on every reboot, by clicking on OC Direct Icon in the Tray and clicking the Automatically Start menu.
- If you would like to disable the pop-up alert that appears in the System Tray area with it's associated sound, you can do so from Control Panel --> All Control Panel Items --> Notification Area Icons --> select OC Direct and set the Behavior to Hide icon and notifications and Save it.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.