How do I enable Java in my web browser?
This article applies to:
- Platform(s): Windows NT, Vista, 7 and 8, Macintosh OS X 10.6.X through 10.10.X
If you have installed the latest Java, and you still have one of the issues listed below, then most likely Java is not enabled in your browser.
Not able to detect your printers
Not able to print directly to your printers
The scale is disabled or not able to read the weight
Ir order to remedy these issues, you will need to enable (or re-enable) Java within your web browser. Please follow these instructions below (based on your web browser) to enable Java in your browser:
- Click the three horizontal bars on the Top RHS of your Chrome browser (next to the Address bar).
- Click the Settings menu to bring up Chrome settings
- Click Show Advanced Settings link at the bottom of the Settings page
- Click the Content Settings button
- Under Plug-ins, click the Manage Individual Plug-ins link
- Search for Java(TM) (will reference the installed Java version) - if disabled, click Enable and check the Always Allowed to Run check box
- Exit Chrome and re-launch again and login to OrderCup.
- If you still see Java warnings, check the Always allowed box to stop warnings when running Java
- In your URL bar, enter:
- Click the Enable link for the Enable NPAPI configuration option.
- Click the Relaunch button that now appears at the bottom of the configuration page.
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser or restart it if it is already running
- At the top of the browser, select the Firefox button or from the Menu Bar, select Tools then Add-ons
The Add-ons Manager tab will open.
- In the Add-ons Manager tab, select Plugins
- Click Java (TM) Platform plugin to select it (usually will reference the latest Java version, e.g. Java 8 Update 31)
- Select Always Activate from the drop-down for the Java plugin
- Exit Firefox and re-launch again and login to OrderCup
- Launch the Safari browser
- Click on Safari and select Preferences
- Click on the Security tab
- Under Internet Plug-ins, check the All Plug-ins checkbox
- Click on Manage Website Settings... button
- Click on Java, and Allow Always from ship.ordercup.com (see screenshot below)
- Close the Preferences window
- Exit Safari and re-launch again and login to OrderCup