Click Settings --> Carriers --> FedEx
Enter your FedEx Account Number and your Fedex Meter Number**
3. Click on Save button at the bottom.
1) If you do not have a FedEx Meter Number, there are two ways to get it:
Recommended method: Contact FedEx or your FedEx account rep, and ask them to provide you your FedEx Meter Number.
Or, the do-it-yourself method: You can generate your Meter Number using the steps below:
- Go to http://www.fedex.com
- Login to your Account
- Hover over Learn, then click on Developer Resource Center
- Click FedEx Wb Services, then Move to Production
- Click the Get Production Key button under the Move to Production Tab
- Fill out the forms for Register for FedEx Web Services Production Access
At the end of the process you will receive a FedEx Meter Number along with FedEx Production Credentials.
2) You need to enter the FedEx HubID field ONLY if you ship using FedEx SmartPost (you have to be approved by FedEx to ship with FedEx Smartpost).
If you are using a thermal printer, you can also set up the label type (No DocTab, Leading DocTab or Trailing DocTab), and the DocTab location (Top or Bottom).
If you ship internationally, you can also setup your Customs Form by clicking on the Configure FedEx Customs Form link.
Enable Electronic Trade Documents for International Shipping
1. Log in to FedEx Ship Manager at fedex.com.
2. Click Preferences above Billing Details section.
3. In the International Preferences section, check the Enable Electronic Trade Documents (ETD) box. If you agree to the terms and conditions, click I agree.
4. Upload a letterhead and signature file. You’ll need them for most customs documents.
5. Click Save changes.
6. Once you’ve established your international preferences in FedEx Ship Manager at fedex.com, select the Customs tab.
7. In the Customs Documentation section, choose to let FedEx generate your paperwork or to upload your own.
8.To upload additional trade documents, check the box to add your own documents or to have FedEx create a packing list or Certificate of Origin.
9. Complete your FedEx Electronic Trade Documents shipment by clicking Ship.
10. On the label page, you should see a small “ETD” on the label. You can click View to view and print a PDF of the documents.
If you experience any technical issues, please call the FedEx Ship Manager Technical Support Center at 1.877.FDX Assist 1.877.339.2774.