As per our earlier email notification, we plan to release the new OC Direct 2.1.0 at the end of the day [after 6 pm PST] on Wednesday, February 26. The upgrade to the new OC Direct 2.1.0 for all users of the current OC Direct 2.0.3 is mandatory, as it will allow us to release new printing features in the near future.
OC Direct 2.1.0 has several benefits including:
- Detects newly added printers without restarting OC Direct
- Better support for asynchronous, concurrent printing to multiple printers
- Supports USB device communication without requiring Java support in the browser
Support for leading scales including Mettler Toledo, Stamps.com and Dymo
- Improved HTML printing
- Better support for Dymo printers
- Improved support for PDF printing (future release)
NOTE: You will need to install Java from java.com before you can install OC Direct.
Uninstalling OC Direct from Mac OS
1. Open Finder
2. Go to Applications folder
3. Locate OC Direct application and right click on it (context menu) and select Move to Trash
4. Grant permissions by entering password. Click OK and its uninstalled.
Here are the steps to upgrade to OC Direct 2.1.0 on Mac OSX.
Please read the Notes & Troubleshooting section at the end of this article after installation.
1. Click on the Install OC DireCt 2.1.0 for OS X button to download the installation file. This may take a few minutes depending on the speed of the internet connection. Once your file is downloaded, you can start the installation process by double-clicking on the downloaded file (oc-direct-2.1.0.pkg) and following the wizard steps as shown in the screenshots below.
2. Once OC Direct setup is complete and it's running, an OC Direct Icon will appear in your Mac Menu Bar (and also under Applications) and start listening for secure commands from OrderCup, You can click this OC Direct Icon to perform functions like Reloading the App, inspecting logs, setting it to Auto-start on System startup, etc.
3. Click on the Install OC Direct 2.0.1 for OS X button to download the Installation file. This may take a few minutes depending on the speed of your internet connection. Once your file is downloaded, you can start the installation process by double-clicking on the downloaded file (oc-direct-2.0.1.pkg), and following the wizard steps as shown in the screenshots below,
5. Once OC Direct is installed and running, you should exit your browser and re-launch it and then detect and save your printers.
Detecting and Saving your Printers and Scales
Once OC Direct is installed and running, you will need to detect and save your printers in order to enable direct printing to your configured printers.
In order to detect and save your printers, please follow the directions in the article at Detecting and Saving your printers
Notes & Troubleshooting
- If your setup is blocked by an anti-virus program, please add https://ship.ordercup.com to the exception list so that it can run
- Make sure OC Direct is running after installing it (see image in Menu Bar). Please refer to Item 3 below on how to start it.
- If you do not see the OC Direct icon in the Menu Bar, you can start it from the Applications Folder in Finder, or search for OC Direct and double click the OC Direct icon - this should start it and you should see it in the Menu Bar.
- You can also ensure OC Direct starts automatically on every restart, by clicking on the OC Direct Icon in the Menu Bar and clicking the Automatically Start menu.