You need to set up a Payment Method in OrderCup to pay for your usage or to pay for shipping related charges (carrier labels, insurance, etc.). At this time, the payment methods we accept are Credit Cards, Debit Cards, Bank Accounts or PayPal.
For usage billing, the ONLY option is to pay via a Credit Card or Debit Card (Mastercard, Visa, Discover, American Express).
For shipping related charges, you have the option to pay via any of the options mentioned above - Credit Card, Debit Card or a Bank Account. We are able to provide you significantly discounted shipping rates by virtue of our ability to obtain discounts from the carriers because of our consolidated shipping volume across our entire user base. So in essence, you pay OrderCup, and we pay the shipping carrier or provider (USPS, DHL or our Insurance Provider).
However, OrderCup incurs varying levels of payment processing fees to process these transactions, based on the payment method. In some cases, along with the shipping discounts we provide, we need to pass these payment processing fees to our users.
We describe the various payment options below, along with their pros and cons.
Option 1: Via Credit Card or Debit Card
NOTE: This is the only option for accounts outside US.
Credit or Debit Card transactions have the following attributes:
- $5000 maximum per transaction, up to credit limit
- Pros: Immediate credit to your account
- Cons: Payment processing fee of 3% (currently)
Option 2: Via Bank Account (ACH)
Bank Account (ACH) transactions have the following attributes:
- $5000 per transaction per day (maximum $7500 per week)
- Pros: No Payment Processing fee (we absorb the fee!)
- Cons: The time to credit your account is normally 3 business days
Option 3: Via Paypal Account
Paypal Account transactions have the following attributes:
- Per Account transaction limit.
- Pros: Support multiple currencies like GBP,AUD, USD & EUR etc.
- Cons: Payment processing fee of 3% (currently)
- Credit Card or Paypal Account can be used as a Payment Method for OrderCup Usage Billing (there is no transaction fee for this)
- You can obtain immediate credit for your Bank Account ACH transactions (vs the normal 3 business days) as described below.
Immediate Credit with Secured Bank Account Transactions
Bank Account (ACH) transactions normally take three business days to settle and be credited to your OrderCup Account. However, you can receive immediate credit for your Bank Account transactions if you secure them with a linked credit card - these are referred to as Secured Bank Account Transactions. If you do, we will obtain an authorization on your credit card for the amount of the Bank Account transaction amount plus a 3% transaction fee. If the Bank Account transaction is declined for any reason, we will charge your credit card this amount. If the credit card authorization fails, the Bank account transaction will settle normally and be credited in 3 business days.
To initiate Secured Bank Account Transactions, you need to link a CC to your Bank Account using the steps below:
- Click Settings → Payment Methods → Bank Account
- Select the Bank Account for which you want Secured transactions in the Select a Bank Account drop-down
- In the Immediate Credit section, choose the Credit Card you want to link to the selected Bank Account from Select a Credit Card drop-down (see screenshot below-
- Click the Save button at the bottom
Payment Method Verification
- Click Settings → Payment methods → Credit Card
- Enter your credit card information. (Be sure to enter every field exactly as in your credit card account, or you will fail the credit check! ) Click the “Save/Next” button, which begins the authentication process in the background.
- If you entered your credit card info correctly, you will see a screen for Credit Card "Verify info" screen. Don’t enter anything in Verified Amount text box yet!
- Log on to your online credit card account or call your credit card company, and check for a small authorization ‘charge’, also called a ‘pending authorization’, that OrderCup just charged to that credit card.
- For non-US credit cards, skip the next two steps and go directly to Step 9. All others, continue on to Step 7.
- Go back to that Credit Card "Verify info" screen in OrderCup, and enter that charge amount in cents, as shown in the screenshot below. So for example, if the charge was $4.95, simply enter 495 (Or say it was $2.00, enter 200). If you don’t see the Verified Amount text box any more, you can get it up again by clicking on the “Verify my card” button, which is in Settings --> Payment Methods --> Credit Card
- Once you have entered the amount in the format described above, click the “Verify Now” button. If the verification is successful, you will see a green check mark next to the CC number.
- Note: If your credit card is not getting verified for any reason, or if you have a non-US credit card, we will need to do a “Manual Verification”. In that case, please create a support ticket for a manual verification (by clicking on the ‘Support’ link on the top right) and include your full name, direct phone number, best time to reach you, your city, and your time zone. We will contact you to perform a manual verification.
- After the card is verified, you still need to check the check-box for Usage Billing from "Use For" section and save it. Also, check the check-box for Master Shipping Account if you want to use this credit card for example, USPS, Insurance, DHL, etc. below example screenshot shows for usage billing as well as Master Shipping Account.
- Click Settings → Payment methods → Paypal Account
- Click the button that says, 'Authenticate OrderCup'. (This will take you to Paypal to sign in. Once you are in Paypal, click on the "Grant Permission" button, and you will come back to this screen.)
Here is a sample screenshot of the completed payment method.
3. Paypal Account will be set as payment method for usage billing and master shipping account.