Master Shipping Account (MSA)
A Master Shipping Account (MSA) is a Shipping account that you set up within OrderCup in a single click that you can use to handle all your built-in carriers (such as USPS, UPS, FedEx and DHL) shipping and Insurance needs. A MSA is funded by a Payment Method (CC, Bank Account or PayPal) that is used to pay for your shipping or insurance costs.
Creating the MSA
To create the Master Shipping Account in OrderCup:
Click Settings → Payment Methods, select the desired payment method (CC, Bank Account or PayPal), and in the Use For section, check the Master Shipping Account checkbox and click Save.
Next, go to Settings --> Master Shipping Account. You will see that your MSA is now created, with an Account Number, e.g. MSA-009999-1234.
Check the box for Auto Replenish**, and set your auto replenish amount from the drop-down selections. [What amount should you select? Select an amount that represents approximately the total shipping costs (for all enabled sub-accounts, e.g. USPS, DHL) for a week. That way, you won’t get declined for very frequent credit card charges, which your Financial Institution may flag as a possibly fraudulent requests]
Enabling Sub Accounts:
After the MSA is created you can control the services (individual Shipping Carriers or OrderCup Insurance) that you want to enable within the MSA. You can selectively enable/disable the desired services at Settings → Master Shipping Account → under Sub-Accounts, check or uncheck the services you desire (USPS, UPS, FedEx. DHL, Insurance) and click Save.
- One-click creation of a Master Shipping Account, funded by a CC or Bank Account.
- Only one set of replenishment parameters (threshold, replenishment amount) to configure
- The ability to handle all shipping (USPS, UPS, DHL) and Insurance via the MSA
- Simplified Accounting and Reporting (similar to a Checking Account with many different transaction types - Deposits, checks, ACH Credits and Debits, Wire transfers, ATM Withdrawals, etc.).
- Control which services (Shipping Carriers or OrderCup Insurance) you want to enable within the MSA.
You can generate MSA reports on monthly basis from Reports → MSA Transactions Reports. You can select a Filter (USPS, UPS, DHL, Insurance) if you wish to see transactions only for one the sub accounts.